Watauga is splendid community with incredible location, pristine parks and beautiful neighborhoods. The city residents enjoy easy access to Highway 35W, Loop 820 and State Highway 121. Located less than 10 miles from Alliance Airport and 20 miles from the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, Watauga provides a centralized location for businesses and development.
The City of Watauga was incorporated on October 11,1958. Many years prior to settlers, Cherokee Indians first settled in Watauga, meaning village of many springs. They were in search of the bountiful game, fertile fields, and clear spring waters. Around 1843, hardy settlers from Tennessee first arrived in the village. Thankful for the rich farmland and abundant fish and game, and aware of their dependence on God, the early settlers organized the first Church in Watauga, the Willow Springs Presbyterian Church on December 14, 1867.